- Peace Academy aims to develop, for its students, self-assurance as American Muslims with a commitment to honoring family, community involvement, and respecting others.
- Peace Academy also strives to instill ethical values in the students towards becoming productive and responsible members of our society
- Peace Academy is committed to teaching the Arabic language and providing Islamic education to children of the Muslim community.
- Peace Academy is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth and developing God consciousness through the teachings of Islam and the Qur'an.
- Developing an American Muslim Identity;
- To provide basic knowledge of the five pillars of Islam;
- Teaching students the Arabic language as a means of communication and understanding the Quran;
- Guiding students to use Qur’anic principles and moral strength in their daily lives;
- Developing God consciousness and using prophetic examples as a model to be emulated throughout life;
- Fostering responsibility to God, society, and the environment.
The Peace Academy places its emphasis on teaching Islam as a Religion rather than a set of cultural practices. The school is an independent private entity run as a community service by volunteers and is administered by an independent board. It is open to all Muslim students. The staff and students come from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The Primary Objectives of Peace Academy Sunday School are:
- To introduce and instill the main teachings of Islam into the students
- To provide an environment in which the students can interact with other Muslim children/families
The following subjects are taught:
- Recitation/ Reading of Quran
- Memorization of Surahs & Duas
- Salaat - Prayer
- Teachings of Quran
- Islamic Morals & Manners
- Faith & Worship
- Introductory Fiqh
- Introduction to Hadith
- Lives of the Prophets
- Islamic History
- Current events.